RSS

Ungli



Let me make it very clear that I am biased while reviewing this flick. The casting is oh-so-amazing.

  • Neil Bhoopalam : I love.. love.. love... LOVE... this guy. He was super awesome in Hamlet : The Clown Prince. What you see in the movie is not even 5% of his actual talent
  • Randeep Hooda : Super hot. There was a time when this guy couldn't act... he used to be very wooden. Not anymore
  • Emraan Hashmi : 5 years back if someone had said I would be his fan and watch his movies I would have laughed to their face. Not anymore. 
  • Kangana Ranaut : One of my favorite actresses
  • Angad Bedi : I remember him from the 'Emotional Atyachaar' days. He had hosted the first season
  • Sanjay Dutt : For once he is playing his age... and looking his age.
  • Arunoday Singh : Ok... so he is in a coma... but hell, its Arunoday. Give him anyway in a movie and I will watch it
  • Neha Dhupia : She is hot... and she can act. 


The movie is about 4 friends whose 5th friend Arunoday goes into a coma when 3 guys hit him on the head while he was trying to save an old man from them. The 3 guys were well connected and have rich fathers so they get away with the crime. The 4 friends- Kangana, Angad, Randeep and Neil make the 'Ungli' gang. They punish corrupt and bad people in innovative ways.
Sanjay Dutt is the cop given the job of catching them and he asks Emraan to help him. Emraan worms his way into the gang and then switches sides. 

Of course, everything works out in the end. 

The story could have been great but its not... it had potential to be so entertaining but its not... I am glad I didn't watch in the theatre... I would probably have walked out.

1 star for the casting... and 1 star for keeping it short at 2 hours and only 2 songs.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Filum Time. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy