RSS

The Wolf of Wall Street



I just watched this flick and am mind fucked. From the reviews itself I knew I wouldn't like it much but my hubby wanted to watch it. The movie is long... around 3 hours (not sure since I walked out after 2.5 hours).

The movie is based on the memoirs of Jordan Belfort played by Leonardo Dicaprio and directed by Martin Scorsese. 


Jordan was a stock broker in USA who opens his own firm. The firm is a billion dollar one due to securities fraud and corruption. Jordan and his colleagues earn a lot of money... he gets into drugs (all kinds), prostitute... divorces his first wife and marries again.
Basically, the movie shows how you can screw up your life if you have more money than you can spend. I read the story on wikipedia and it sounds interesting... a potential for a good movie... except... Martin has tried to make Jordan kind of a hero... he doesn't seem real... Leonardo is loud and in every frame. I felt like I was watching a Shahrukh movie... where he is the hero... the center of the movie and nothing else but him exists.

It got too much to bear and we walked out. Jordan probably gets arrested in the end... it doesn't matter. He is not a character I want to know about. He did not do anything significant for me to waste 2.5 hours of my life.

Avoid. 2 stars are for the good actors.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Filum Time. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy