RSS

The Artist



I try and travel by Air India while going to my destination (and Indigo while returning because I like to reach home without delays) because they still have the TV screens on their flights. Most of the times, I pick something I have never seen before. I don't know what attracted me about the The Artist but I started playing it while travelling to Kolkata.

It is a silent movie, without dialogues, though it has background music. It may seem strange and boring but this is one of the best movies I have seen and brimming with creativity. 


The movie has been written and directed by Michel Hazanavicius and stars Jean Dujardin and Berenice Bejo in lead roles. 

The story is about a successful silent movie actor George Valentin (Jean). When the talkies arrive, he mocks them thinking nobody would want to watch that. But he is proved wrong. 
He puts all his savings into a silent movie while an upcoming actor Peppy Miller's (Berenice) talkies is a hit. 
George loses everything- his house, his wife, his art etc and starts living in a tiny apartment with his dog and driver. 

Peppy and Jean had met when she was a background dancer in his movie and he had helped her out. She is affectionate towards him and helps him out as he descends into madness.

The movie ends on a good note, of course. 

The story is nothing I haven't see before but to execute it without dialogues is applause worthy. I loved this movie and wasn't bored for even a minute. The lead actors are simply brilliant.

YOU HAVE TO WATCH THIS MOVIE NOW.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Filum Time. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy